Are you a brownie lover but would love to find a way to make healthy brownies??? Well this is a recipe you MUST try! It’s also perfect timing to be sharing this with you as I know many of you will be doing Christmas baking or going to Christmas parties and this is the perfect treat to share with guests.
My client Amy is a busy career woman but she always makes time to cook wonderful healthy dishes (and desserts)and luckily she brought some of these AMAZINGLY delicious healthy brownies in for me to try. Here is the recipe she found online and WOW honestly best brownies EVER! It’s hard to eat just one…two make the perfect snack 🙂
Black Bean Brownies with Peanut Butter Swirl
Prep time: 10 Minutes – Cook time: 30 Minutes – Total time: 40 Minutes Yield: Makes 12-16 Brownies
Black Bean Brownie Ingredients:
- 1 Can Black Beans (540 mL)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Eggwhites (or 3 Eggs in total)
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree (or unsweetened apple sauce)
- 1/2 Cup Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup All Natural Pure Coconut Sap Sugar (or 1/4 Cup Agave, Honey or Maple Syrup)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Tsp Instant Coffee
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (more if you wish)
Peanut Butter Swirl Ingredients:
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Agave (Maple Syrup, Stevia or Honey)
- Pinch of Salt
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
**Amy also recommends adding unsweetened shredded coconut, walnuts (raw), some oats and sometimes to add a bit of sweetness she will add a bit more sucanat. She isn’t sure of how much of each, she is one of those instinct chefs but feel free to experiment (I wish!) She also adds almond butter to the peanut butter swirl!**
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- Place all black bean brownie ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with a healthy, non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly spread batter into baking dish.
- On your stove-top melt peanut butter swirl ingredients and mix.
- Dollop peanut butter swirl mixture with a spoon spaced out about an inch from each other onto the brownie batter.
- Pull a knife back and forth through the batter creating your swirls.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- *Ovens vary so your discretion is needed. You will know your brownies are baked when the top becomes firm and the brownies pull away from the sides of the dish.
- Sticking a tooth pick in the middle and pulling it out clean will ensure your brownies are baked fully.
- Remove from oven when baked and let set in the baking dish for about 10 minutes.
- Gently cut brownies, serve and enjoy!
- To store brownies it is best to first let them cool completely and then store them in a sealed tight container in the refrigerator. Very important to let them cool and set properly before you cut them to ensure your brownies don’t crumble!
Try them out and let me know what you think!! Do you have any healthy sweets recipes you’d like to share??
PS Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with my blog! Things have been busy since I got back from my holiday in Florida and I am just about caught up on my paperwork, keep checking back for more tips and recipes every week!