YUM!!! Who doesn’t love a warm bowl of chili?? I do and to be honest nothing beats my mom’s recipe (I’m serious mom!) BUT I came across this recipe the other day as I follow Dave Ruel “The Muscle Cook” on Twitter and he had posted his “Famous Chili” recipe. I decided to try it since I had some extra lean ground beef left over after making homemade burgers 🙂 This guy is an expert when it comes to planning healthy meals for body builders or anyone else who is trying to improve their body composition/lose weight. I met him through my friends/co-workers Lucas and Honore as he is their good friend and was their trainer/nutrition coach when they were competing in fitness competitions. Super cool guy and I even have his cookbook full of high protein, low carb recipes that are so easy to make (and delicious!)
I made this chili on Sunday afternoon and have been eating it for lunch and dinner everyday since then!!
Here is a link to the video of Dave making his famous “Muscle Cook Chili”…
…and here is the recipe!
Makes 9 Servings
– 1.5 lbs of Ground Buffalo (Bison) or Extra Lean Ground Beef
– 1 cup of diced onions
– 1 diced Green Pepper
– Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
– 1 tbsp of Chili Powder
– 1 teaspoon of Curcuma or Tumeric
– 1 teaspoon of Oregano
– 2 Cans (15oz/can) of Black Beans
– 2 Cans (15oz/can) of Diced Tomatoes (with juice)
– 1 Can (14oz) of Low Sodium Beef Broth
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt / 1 teaspoon of Pepper
1. In a pan, cook the buffalo/ground beef, green pepper, onion, garlic for 5-6 mins, until it is almost cooked.
2. Transfer everything in a big casserole. Add Chili powder, curcuma, oregano, beans, tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper.
3. Let it boil
4. Reduce intensity and stir for 20 mins until it reaches wanted thickness
(Per Serving – 1 Cup)
What’s your favourite chili recipe?? I love making large batches of food (chili/stews) because it means less meal prepping for the next few days. AND I find the longer this chili sits in the fridge the better it gets! I even shared some of it with my friend and her son today and there’s lots left. They both licked their bowls clean so I am guessing they like the chili as much as I do!! Try it out and let me know how you like it…