Thank goodness it’s Friday!! I am exhausted but very satisfied after my photo shoot today 🙂 It has been a goal of mine since I started personal training and I DID IT! I have been training hard and eating very clean since the end of April (3 months) to prepare for this and I’m so glad I did as I felt really comfortable in my short shorts today 😉
I did an hour shoot with my friend Aimee Brouillard (who is a full time personal trainer as well) at a studio in Vanier called Studio Four 30 (great staff btw). She helped me pick out my outfits, made me feel very comfortable and gave me lots of direction as I was a little nervous and not sure of what to do infront of the camera. I can’t WAIT to see the photos, hopefully there are a few good ones for my website, don’t worry I’ll share them with you as soon as I get my hands on them 🙂 I never knew doing a photo shoot could be so exhausting though… PHEW!!
Here are a few things I learned after today’s experience..
1. I have a ridiculous amount of very bright (and cute) workout clothes! Just sayin…
2. I need to schedule a longer photo shoot (so many outfits/props/poses so little time!) 1 hour flew by!!
3. Bring an assistant to help with wardrobe/hair/make up touch ups 😉 Yes I know I’m so vain 😛
4. Preparing for and doing a photo shoot is expensive yet so much fun (especially with Aimee as my photographer) and totally worth the investment!
5. Background music is a must for next time, I think it will help me to relax a bit more. I was missing some Usher for sure…
6. Have some poses pre-planned, I spent a bit too much time going “hmmm ok, how ’bout this?”
7. Spray tans are great but I should’ve tanned my stomach a bit more 🙂 Oh well!
8. Make plans to go out the night after, might as well show off/make good use of the hair and make up I had done!!
9. I want to do another shoot and next time I’ll be in even BETTER shape 🙂
10. It feels great to set a goal and accomplish it! WOOHOO! Another thing to check off of my bucket list 🙂
Looking for a reason to lose the last 10 pounds or get in the best shape of your life? Are you a personal trainer/yoga teacher interested in updating your website or Facebook page with some professional photos?! Then I highly recommend you pick a date, give yourself lots of time to lean out (3 months at least), and schedule a photo shoot with a photographer. Remember…
“Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.”
— Fitzhugh Dodson
I’m not saying that everyone needs to do a photo shoot but I just thought I would share my experience with you and perhaps inspire you to set a few goals of your own…
“As you reach your goals, set new ones. That is how you grow and become a more powerful person.”
— Les Brown
My next goal is to complete the Canada Army Run Half Marathon in Ottawa with my sister Jennifer (her first time and my 3rd) at the end of September. Here is a photo of me in 2008 at Confederation Park, before my first Army half marathon.
What’s YOUR goal??