Sorry for taking so long to post! It has been a busy day as I have been at the studio for most of the day training clients 🙂
Here is a great recipe I thought I would share with you! What do I like best about this recipe?? It is HIGH PROTEIN, EASY TO MAKE and TASTES DELICIOUS!!
Try it at let me know what you think….
(thanks Mom for sending me this recipe from leanandfit.ca’s newletter!)
Breakfast Protein Parfait (1 Serving)
Here’s a great recipe to make the night before for an easy grab-n-go breakfast straight out of the fridge. It’s packed with protein, vitamins and minerals for sustained energy all morning long. And it tastes great too.
Here’s what you need
- 6 oz Greek Yogurt, plain, fat free
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 scoop high quality strawberry or vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup fresh berries
- 1 Tablespoon pecan pieces, toasted
- In a small bowl use a whisk to combine the yogurt, cottage cheese and protein powder. Mix until well incorporated.
- Place half of the yogurt mixture into a clear cup, top with the berries and then the remaining yogurt mixture. Top with pecans.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 260 calories, 6g fat, 307mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 38g protein.
Have a great weekend everyone! I am off to yoga teacher training!