Hello blog readers-I have not forgotten about you!!
I had a long day at work but a great day as always!!
Tonight I have decided to list 8 REASONS WHY EVERYONE MUST EAT BREAKFAST!! Yes that’s right I am yelling! I do not understand the people who skip breakfast because they don’t have time or think that it will help them lose weight as it is the MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY!! Ask any of my clients how much I harp on them about eating breakfast (and how upset I am when I hear they skipped breakfast) I LOVE BREAKFAST! It is my most favourite meal of the day and it should become yours as well if it isn’t already, especially those of you who are trying to lose weight! So read on for some very important information…
1. What you eat at breakfast sets the tone for your productivity at work/school and your eating habits for the rest of the day.
2. Skipping breakfast can lead to the inability to concentrate, irritability, mood and behavioural problems, and poor health (just to name a few)-not a good start to your day!
3.We get 25 percent of our daily nutrition through breakfast.
4. You receive little or no food and water during the night (6-10 hours) and your body requires this (brain food=glucose=high quality foods) in order to function.
5. The key to weight loss is eating more not less (and eating more of the right foods of course!) and eating breakfast helps you to lose weight and/or maintain an ideal body weight.
6. Eating breakfast prevents you from bingeing later in the day.
7. If you skip breakfast you miss out on essential nutrients and you will be unlikely to make up for these lost nutrients at other meals (this can have a negative effect on both short and long-term health).
8. You miss out on an opportunity to spend quality time with your family or loved ones or maybe quiet time to yourself!
Can you think of any other reasons why it is important to eat breakfast?? Please comment below if you can add to my list!
And for all of you who are wondering what is the “Breakfast of Champions” (a.k.a. what Les eats) here is what I look forward to eating every morning…and all this is made within 10 minutes of my alarm going off!
1 cup of water
1-2 cups of fresh fruit (on an empty stomach always!) I love berries or any other fruit that is low in starch..
1/2 cup egg whites with 1 egg cooked in pan with 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (cooked omelette style-but with no toppings)
1/4 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup water (cooked in microwave for 90 secs) with 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and 1 tbsp of REAL maple syrup (the expensive kind that comes in the glass bottle)
So make me happy and start having breakfast today! You (and your body) will thank me later! Check back for more breakfast ideas I will be posting in the future and as always feel free to post or email me your favourite breakfast.